Tuesday, May 29, 2007

whoops

I have to apologize for not commenting last week. It's been one of those weeks where it flew by, yet seem to drag on at the same time. I felt like I had time for NOTHING. Hate that.

But LOVE LOVE LOVE the book. While on vacay last weekend I finally made myself put it down at chapter 22, for fear I would read to far ahead and then have to reread what was going on to discuss the chapters we were on. But now that I've put it down I haven't had time to pick it back up. And unfortunately am about to enter a busy month, so I guess it's good that I read ahead a little bit.

Mrs. Bennet reminds me of my mother-n-law---in a good way. She's just the mother hen. She wants all her kids to be happy and provided for and her life to be all in a row. My MIL is not nearly as embarrassing, but she definitely could talk your ear off.

Mr. Darcy is so fun to read. To try and figure out what's going on behind the dark persona. I like that he's in battle with himself. That he finds himself thinking about Elizabeth, and wants to be around her, yet knows he shouldn't and tries to maintain his distance. (Even if not successfully) How often do we go and do what we know we shouldn't, instead of taking a step back? Like dating someone that you know is clearly not the right person for you. I think that is an admirable quality of Darcy.

Any way, there's some of my thoughts.

No comments: