Tuesday, May 8, 2007

2nd attempt

I am so excited to join this "book club", especially since it's a book that, as I told Emery, I started several months ago but like most things in my life I didn't finish and now it sits collecting dust on my nightstand. But this morning as I raced out the door to work I grabbed it thinking I could read on my lunch break. See, you all are holding me accountable and you don't even know me!

I am one of those sad shmucks who saw the movie and became obsessed with the story. I can't help it, I love a good chick flick. Which is why I bought the book, knowing that there just had to be more information than was given in what I like to call the "Cliff's Note Version" of Pride and Prejudice. If you haven't seen the latest Kiera Knightly version, wait until you finish the book. It is a beautiful film from top to bottom. Beautiful scenery, score and cast. But for example, when I first picked up the book I was confused. There are actually TWO Bingley sisters. Caroline, also known as Miss Bingley. And Louisa Hurst, or Mrs. Hurst. The movie only features Caroline, the pompous red head that we love to loath.

Hey could we do a movie night after this is all over and then compare/contrast how much we love/hate the movie?

6 comments:

emeryjo said...

Lorie- I think the movie night idea is wonderful! Let's do it!

kachina said...

haha, I'd love to do it...if I didnt live in PA!

lorieloo said...

There in lives the fun of movie night. I live in CA, Emery is in OK...just watch it where you're at, smiling at the thought that girls all over the country are watching it the same time you are.

lorieloo said...

Um, Lies, not lives the fun...sheesh.

Excellent Parent said...

Yeah yeah, im into it, We should blog our coments on it when it is happening, oh that would be fun!

IndianaJones said...

I would join in on this but I must say I'd be much more behind watching the bbc version, it is longer but so so so much better it is hard to even compare.
i just watched the new version and really after knowing and loving this book for years it just feels like fluff to what ms. austen was really writing about.