Monday, May 7, 2007

Who are the Bennets?

I don't know about the rest of you, but as I've been reading Pride and Prejudice, I've had a hard time keeping all of the Bennet sisters straight. After visiting this website, I can offer you their ages and birth order:

Jane, age 22: Often referred to as "Miss Bennet"

Elizabeth, age 20: Called "Lizzy" by her family and "Eliza" by her neighbors and friends. The narrator never refers to her as "Miss Bennet," but occasionally she will be called such in conversation with other characters.

Mary, age unknown but likely to be 18-19

Catherine, age 17-18: Also known as "Kitty"

Lydia, age 15-16

I'm so excited to be reading this book with all of you! Best of luck!

2 comments:

emeryjo said...

oooh this is so very helpful. I was thinking there were like 15 Bennet sisters or something, but they all have nicknames. I see... heh.

Brittany said...

Yeah... Jane Austen doesn't waste any time explaining who's who. I kept thinking, "Who the heck is Kitty??" Now I know. And now I just need to figure out who all of the rest of the people are.