Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mr. Darcy... <3

It's been a LONG few days since I've read these chapters but here are my answers based on what I can remember! haha.

1. Do you think it is noble or naive for Jane to be this optimistic and "honestly blind"?--I think it is noble for Jane to be this optimistic. I was watching something on the news last night where psychologists are doing a study to see if optimists really do live longer. What's wrong with optimism? I admire Jane for this quality actually...

2.Charlotte states that "Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance." What are your feelings towards this statement?--I agree with whoever said this already in our blog...but I think happiness in marriage is entirely based on choice not chance. I see people who have amazing marriages...bc they WANT to have amazing marriages. Then there are some people who are just "too tired to try"...shouldnt be a surprise that their marriage isnt so amazing. Everyday is a choice to be happy.

3. Who do you find to be the most proud thus far? The most vain?--The most proud is definitely Mr. Darcy...Most vain to me either of the Lucas sisters...i'm not 100% sold on either of them for some reason.

4. Can you imagine living in a time where your social status determined who you could love? Do you feel there is still some 'social prejudice' in society today?--I think that we STILL live in a society where social status determines who you love. I believe that parents play a huge role in this...I actually dated a guy in high school -his family is VERY well to do (his dad is like the lieutenant general of the army or something)...and because I didnt come from a family that was as high on their status list they treated me like I was a nobody. I dated him for 2 years a put up with that crap until I literally couldn't take it anymore. It was almost borderline emotional harassment. Anyways, yes I think there still is social prejudice.

5. Who is your favorite character so far, and why? As I said before--
I would have to say that my favorite character believe it or not is Mr. Darcy! I've noticed that people in my life who initially act/react the way that he does have been hurt and do not wish to be hurt again. My personality bends towards people who are hard to read or those who take longer to open up. They're like a cadbury egg--hard outer shell but inside is this tasty richness that you never knew could be there. I look forward to wading through the mysteries of his personality and discovering his softer sides. : )



yay!

2 comments:

emeryjo said...

i like these answers. I feel like there is definetley some social prejudice still around now-a-days. That sucks that you gave experienced it first-hand!

misguidedmommy said...

That is funny, you are right our answers are totally different. It probably comes from the different experiences we have each encountered. I think I just have a much more jaided view of life because off all the garbage I have encountered!